Your bus tour includes clips from over 55 famous movies filmed in San Francisco. Actors-turned-guides share their San Francisco and cinema knowledge.
Golden Gate Bridge Movie Sights Tour
A cinematic trip over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Start Time: 9:30am
- Duration: 2 hours
- Family-friendly and fun for kids
- 23-passenger bus
- 3 Golden Gate Bridge viewing locations for awesome photo opportunities
Your two-hour San Francisco sightseeing tour provides photo opportunities at three different bridge viewing locations and includes a montage of Golden Gate Bridge destruction scenes, as well as archival footage of the building of the Golden Gate Bridge.
The bus tour also visits the Palace of Fine Arts, where you can walk in the footsteps of Sean Connery, Kim Novak, Jimmy Stewart, Nicolas Cage, Amy Adams, and many others. We have put together a collection of over 35 film clips highlighting the many locations on this movie tour in San Francisco.
Movie locations include (some examples of the more than 70 clips you see on this tour):
- The spot at the Golden Gate Bridge where Kim Novak jumped into the water and Jimmy Stewart saved her in Vertigo
- Pictures with the life-sized Yoda fountain from Star Wars at the Letterman Digital Arts Complex
- The house where Robin Williams’ family lived in Mrs. Doubtfire
- The high school attended by Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries
- The damaged park steps from the car chase in What’s Up, Doc?
- The many scenes from movies filmed at the Palace of Fine Arts, including The Rock, So I Married an Axe Murderer, and The 5 Year Engagement
- Documentary scenes from the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge
- And much, much more!!
Looking for something family-friendly and want to enjoy a tour that’s also fun and interesting for kids? This route takes you over the Golden Gate Bridge as never before and includes locations from Princess Diaries, Full House, Mrs. Doubtfire, George of the Jungle, Hulk, X-Men 3, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes among others. We are family-owned and our San Francisco tours are family-friendly. Our guides love to bring the magic of movies to life for kids of all ages.
- What will we see on the tour? We’ve compiled a database of over 200 movie scenes from more than 100 movies filmed in San Francisco – you’ll see locations from these movies while you watch clips from them. This is the only city tour you will need to take in San Francisco. Depending on the tour chosen, we visit all the major neighborhoods in the city, including Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, Nob Hill, Union Square, Civic Center, Alamo Square, The Presidio, Fort Point/Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Heights.
- What kind of vehicle is used? We use a 23-passenger bus which is our luxury theater-on-wheels with big screens and surround sound specifically designed to provide the ultimate movie tour experience and the ability to get to locations that other larger bus companies cannot.
- Tours are three hours long.
- Our tours run rain or shine, but we suggest you dress appropriately for the day’s weather as we do make several stops for photo opportunities.
- For children ages 5 to 17, you should purchase a reduced price child ticket. Children 4 years old and younger may attend for free but will not be guaranteed their own seat and may need to sit in the lap of a parent or guardian. Please let us know if you will be bringing any young children when purchasing your tickets.
- There is no age requirement. Please note that children under the age of 5 are free, but must stay in a parent’s lap if open seats are not available.
- We adore dogs, but know they will not be comfy on our tours; however, we can work with you to make accommodations for service dogs.
- There is no food and drink included on the tour, but feel free to bring something of your own to eat/drink if it is neat and you’re sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. However, alcohol is prohibited on the bus.
- Most street parking is limited to one hour, so we suggest using one of the nearby parking garages. There are a number of garages near the main pickup location at Fisherman’s Wharf. An option to obtain 2 hours of free parking at the Pier 39 parking garage is available here: